Poverty is never an acceptable reason for a child to be in an orphanage.
The vast majority of orphaned and vulnerable children have loving relatives who would be happy to give them a home, they just need a little bit of help. TST helps these families create sustainable livelihoods through business training, mentoring, ongoing follow up, school support, and loan or grant support, as well as covering school fees for the children.
- Our work has helped keep over 80 children in their families over the last two years alone, and costs only about $75/month/family.
- Our family preservation program has increased the reunification rate for kids living in the orphanage and children's village from less than 5% to over 50%.
- Families enter our program with an average monthly income of around $7, and graduate with an average income of around $100 - a 1400% increase.
- With business development support, average families enrolled in our program can triple their income within 2-3 months.
- At our community center, we run adult education programs, a day care, and a library open to the community.
Check out the stories of some of our first graduates of the program, below, or find a family to sponsor!
Success Story Gallery
These women are the first graduates of our program, but many more entrepreneurs are still looking for sponsors. Will you give them a chance to build brighter futures for their children?