Frankie is a very sweet and social boy, who was sadly abandoned as an infant due to his mother’s mental health struggles. He loves to play with others and make new friends. Though he is now a big boy, he still loves to be held and cuddled. Frankie is currently in class 2 at Silverleaf Primary school.
- 10 years old
- Lives at Happy Family Children’s Village
As a new member of the TST Sponsor Family, you will have the opportunity to build a relationship with Frankie, and follow his progress as he learns, grows and succeeds. You'll get:
- At least two formal updates each year containing photos and/or videos of Frankie, his recent school or daycare results, and a drawing or letter
- Access to our Facebook group for sponsors, where you can engage with other sponsors, and see the regular photos that we post from life at TST
- The potential to video chat with Frankie and a TST staff member (depending on availability of internet in Tanzania)
- Ability to send Frankie a message any time through our sponsor portal.
TST is constantly improving our sponsorship program, and hope to include new ways to support and engage in the future!
100% of your sponsorship donation goes toward the care of the children supported by TST. It costs about $200 per month to fully support a child at Happy Family Children's Village, including safe housing, nutritious food, clothing, and school fees. Supporting a child at home costs approximately $75 per month, which typically supports the child's ongoing education and other necessities (food, medication etc) for the family.
All of our sponsorship donations are pooled and used to support all of the children served by TST. Think of it this way - we aren’t going to tell one child they get to eat today, and another that they don’t, because of their sponsor status! Your sponsorship will provide personal care and opportunities for all the children, that they would otherwise not have access to, including medical checkups, healthy food, education assistance, and key life skills training.
We recognize that the $200 per month it costs to support a child is not feasible for everyone, so our sponsorships start at only $15 per month - because small acts add up to big change. Each child therefore may have multiple sponsors, although we prioritize making sure that each child has at least one. The kids really enjoy hearing back from their sponsors, so we urge you to make it a two-way relationship if possible!